- To promote and support enduring friendships and partnerships between parishes, communities and people in the western border region of East Timor, and the Catholic parishes, communities and people of Brisbane.
- To facilitate the mutual sharing of gifts, skills and resources so as to nourish the spiritual development and well being of the participating parishes, communities and people.
- Bear witness to, and live out, Christ’s command to love one another.
- FPET is a Brisbane based non-profit organisation working with the people of Atabae subdistrict to re-establish self-sustaining communities.
- While financial and other material assistance has been important, especially for education and health, the Atabae people value most our prayers and continuing friendship which is sustained by exchange visits and whatever other communication that can be achieved.
- Supporting and collaborating with PALMS Australia volunteers based in Atabae has greatly strengthened our relationship with the Atabae community.
Through this website we invite you to financially support us or collaborate with us
to improve the situation in East Timor, especially in the western border region.
We must not forget that following over 400 years of foreign domination, East Timor suffered near total destruction of its already limited infrastructure and economy as the Indonesians withdrew in 1999. Recovery will take decades and needs support from Australia and elsewhere.